Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Alien (1979, 1986, 1992, 1997) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Alien (1979, 1986, 1992, 1997) [movie series]

In space no one can hear you scream. | Alien guideAliens guide...

Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:49 AM   #1
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001
Exclamation Alien Origin Confirmed

Well, theorists and conspiracy theory nuts, Alien fans in general, the truth comes out.

Having finished seeing the "Alien" Special Edition DVD with Ridley Scott's commentary on, I can firmly say that Scott just put the finishing touch on al the theories.

And the most widelly spread is true.

Ridley Scott says he always wanted the derelict ship to serve as a sort of "aircraft carrier for biological warfare" (his words) carrying extremelly advanced and lethal bio-mechanical creatures.

He doesn't say what happened to the crew, or why they broke free (though he mentions an "accident") but this at least puts a sort of truce on the question.

Cheers
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2003, 01:05 PM   #2
xXx
Sector Marshall
760 flights since Mar 2002
Re: Alien Origin Confirmed

That would make for a good prequel, to see how the aliens took over that ship of giant people. I'm guessing they used their numbers to just swarm them all.
xXx is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2003, 01:17 PM   #3
Iwata
Autarch

He mentioned that as well.

Again, in his words, he said that he'd "love to go back, and show where they came from".

Maybe one day...
Old Aug 1, 2003, 07:04 PM   #4
Azrael
Wing Commander
442 flights since Jul 2003

Hey did you see something about the alien monument or monolith that was on the planet?....

EDIT: i found this at www.planetavp.com i hope that this spark some interest in you as it did to me

Quote:
While Kane, Lambert, and Dallas are heading toward the Derelict Ship, the three stop to take a short break under a rock formation. As the three leave a strange shape is revealed which is fifteen feet tall and fossilized into the other side of the rock. Kane, Lambert, and Dallas do not notice the shape but Ash does. This scene was in the script, but it doesn't appear that it was filmed. I've only found a few photos of it and they were from the Topps card set.

here is the pic
http://www.planetavp.com/al/Alien/De...s/a1out4p1.jpg

and the other thing:
Quote:
The search party from the Nostromo originally find a triangle that the Space Jockey had carved into its "dashboard," apparently as its last act, when they investigate the Derelict Ship. After the planetoid's endless dust storm has briefly settled, the crew can see a huge pyramid on the horizon. Another crew is sent to explore. They scale it, find an opening on top, and a volunteer lowers himself down the hatch. He finds a giant chamber that seems like a tomb, or maybe a place of worship. There are weird statues and some sort of hieroglyphics which are representative of Alien reproductive cycles. The explorer then finds the Alien spores that had been waiting. This summary was taken from The Book of Alien which goes on to quote Ridley Scott who said, "The pyramid and the derelict-two different elements-were still the subject of a seesaw debate when I came on the project. I would love to have shot it, but the more I thought about it the more I realized it would have been wonderful in a three-hour version. What finally cracked it was the budget. We just had to get rid of it. And you know, sometimes financial practicalities force you to do a certain amount of editorial work, and I'm glad we simplified it." The above image is a piece of conceptual artwork done by Chris Foss

watch it here
http://www.planetavp.com/al/Alien/De...s/a1out5p1.jpg

Last edited by Azrael : Aug 2, 2003 at 01:39 PM.
Azrael is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2003, 12:20 PM   #5
Iwata
Autarch

I bought a book called "Giger's Alien" recently, which is basically Giger's diary of his involvement with the film.

I'd recommend it, and I'll post here as soon as I read the stuff about what you mentioned.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 01:44 PM   #6
Azrael
Wing Commander
Arrow Re: Alien Origin Confirmed

You might want to check out this http://www.planetavp.com/al/index2.htm, there are some artworks of how the Xenomorph was suposed to be*Ron Cobb idea* now try to imagine it in the movies!.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 02:19 PM   #7
Iwata
Autarch

Yes, I'd seen that before. Thank God Giger was the best man. Giger also designed the alien in Alien3, though he wasn't credited.

Now, for a totally unrelated thing. I've always been an Alien fan. I mean, not only the movies, but the creature.

And right now, I'm home alone for a week, all my friends are on vacations for at least 2 weeks (some much longer ), and I just finished watching the 4 movies again.

So, I'll do something I've always wanted to do, now that I have the time and no distractions at home: A mini-essay on my favourite creature.

Stay tuned to this forum.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 02:26 PM   #8
Azrael
Wing Commander

Hehe, me too... right now im thinking about a aliens movie wich happens at the same time that Aliens , in the same planet but different location.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 02:41 PM   #9
Iwata
Autarch

I'm not aiming for a story. I'll just do what I like to do: A compilation of my thoughts and conclusions on a specific subject, in this case, the Alien creature, it's biology and behaviour.

But please feel free to post your story on the forum when completed.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 02:50 PM   #10
Azrael
Wing Commander

Ill post it when its ready...right now im trying to go linear with the events that happened in Aliens....my story will be a movie inside of the movie.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 02:56 PM   #11
Iwata
Autarch

Just don't go interfering with the main storyilne. I find fan-fiction only works if it's kept separated from not only the main story, but also the main characters.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 02:58 PM   #12
Azrael
Wing Commander

Dont worry....the characters in Aliens doesnt appear and the storyline is not the same.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 04:00 PM   #13
Iwata
Autarch

Quote:
Originally posted by Predalien

(especially if you're an alien junky like I'm turning into ) -

Come... don't fight us... join us...
Old Aug 2, 2003, 04:45 PM   #14
Iwata
Autarch

I LOVE the paiting on the back cover, with the Alien view from the front.

I also love the egg chamber designs.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 06:47 PM   #15
Azrael
Wing Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by Predalien

Sorry, I'm ruining your thread with my Giger praise, but it has to be said

Nah dont worry im Hooked now!

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Alien (1979, 1986, 1992, 1997) [movie series]